  From: Leslie Elliott
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 10:03 PM
  Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Effective Date ? FCC Drops Morse Code

  I'm pretty sure that anyone who is a technician class, such as myself,
  will still have to take the written test, element 3 or 4 depending on
  whether we want General or Extra license, in order to operate on HF
  Voice. Even those that are Tech + would have to take element 3 to
  operate voice on HF except for the small segment already available to
  Tech + on 10 M and the small CW only segments on 15 M, 40 M & 80 M. I
  read that they are going to combine Tech and Tech + now, and while I
  may be wrong,I guess that means that a Tech could operate on HF CW
  where the Tech + were allowed. Of corse, that is a moot point, as
  most Tech's don't know Morse anyway Hi Hi! Either way, I'm sure that
  they/we will have to wait till published etc. I hope those in the
  group that were opposed to the elimination of Morse will not hold it
  against those of us that will benefit from this. I for one love Ham
  Radio, and just wasn't interested in CW, but was going to learn it
  anyway because it was looking like this rule change was not coming
  soon enough. I may still learn it someday, but for now, I am mainly
  interested in the "other" digital modes like PSK etc.

  73 de KCØPTO

  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>