Simon,

Because most are "seniors" and have poor eye site, HI.

Jerry - K0HZI

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Simon Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

 Pah!

 Watching 20m PSK at the moment, why do so many users send in
uppercase! PSK uses varicode, lowercase is *so* much faster. PSK63 +
Uppercase seems to defeat the aims of the game.
 Really it's down to the programmers - let's make the users aware that
lowercase is sent much faster. I do this in my Macro Editors. I guess
we could add a small option to show the efficiency of the user's input
- as-is versus all lowercase.

 FWIW I had a QPSK-125 QSO with RW3DQC - QSO was over before I
realised what was happening, he's an excellent operator!

 Simon Brown, HB9DRV