If it had just been for willful interference, I would agree, but the
undertone of not following the bandplan was pretty alarming to me.

Anyone can claim interference if you have voice modes in a CW area since
you can not filter out a wide mode that has frequencies spread out and
that will enter even a narrow 100 Hz passband when using a narrow mode
like CW.

For many of us, CW in a voice area is not a problem since we just hit
the ANF or MNF as the case may be.