I too have one of those that has not been turned on in quite
a while.  For RTTY the sound card implementations are a lot
better, first because you can do better things with DSP, and
second because the PK-232 uses a compromise 200 Hz shift for
RTTY and AMTOR and Pactor whereas the standard shift for RTTY
is 170 Hz.

But the PK-232 is a cheap way (cheap if you already have one)
to operate AMTOR and PACTOR-I.  I actually heard a station a
few days ago using one of these modes, which was the first time
in years I have heard any.  He was transmitting in FEC mode,
so I used a sound card program to talk to him, since sound card
programs will transmit and receive in FEC mode.  But I would have
had to fire up the PK-232 to work him in linked mode.

These days it seems the main use for Pactor is WinLink, and
for that you need Pactor 2 and 3, which requires the expensive
SCS box.

Some of the recent sound card modes like Olivia are pretty
amazing in how well they work without resorting to ARQ.