--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Mayfield - AA5J
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mulveyraa2 wrote: -- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>, Chuck Mayfield - AA5J
>

> > You're not reading the error message it gave you. It says that
> > "Call sign, DXCC Entity and QSO date range don't match up". Note the
> > "and". Your submission indicates that you've held AA5J continuously
> > from 1945-11-01 to the present day. Your QRZ info indicates that you
> > were born in 1941, and previously held the call WD5FBQ. So unless you
> > were licenced as WD5FBQ before you were 4 years old, of course it's
> > going to reject your submission.
> >
> > You can't just pick random dates. Callsigns get re-used over time,
> > and if you're just picking dates out of a hat, you'll interfere with
> > someone who legitimately held that call at some other time. If you
> > enter your data as asked, LOTW is trivial to sign up for and use.
> >
> > - Rich
> >

> You may be right, Rich, but my callsign is good at QRZ. The address
> their matches the one at FCC,
> I have been an ARRL member continuously since I was first licensed.

   That's all very nice, but it really doesn't have any relevance to
signing up for LOTW.  As others have noted, you don't need to be an
ARRL member to use it.  I'm not sure why you seem to think that your
address as posted at QRZ has anything to do with the matter, either,
since, as far as I know, there's no connection between QRZ and the ARRL.

> Are
> you licensed?

   Yep.

> Why don't you use your call sign in your signature?

   Because it's irrelevant to the matter?

 > Since you seem to know all about LOTW, perhaps you can tell me why
there
> is a default start date of 1945 11 01 on that form?  Also, why are
there
> not instructions on that form?

   I'm not sure where you got the idea that I know all about LOTW.  My
contribution has been to actually read the error message you got -
information which you had before anybody else, and could have utilized
just as easily.

   If you're interested in finding out why the ARRL chose those
defaults and don't have instructions you're capable of understanding,
you'd be better off actually asking the ARRL and their software
developers, I suspect.  Perhaps you could offer suggestions as to how
they can improve the process.

- Rich