Its my plan to enable Commander to provide for outgoing CW via a
modem control signal on the same serial port used for CAT commands
and RX-TX switching (aka PTT). Besides eliminating the need for a
second serial port, this will exploit those transceivers with built-
in ascii-to-CW capability.

This is not imminent, however...

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, KV9U <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you use DTR for CW and PTT with RTS, how does an interface
such as
> Rigblaster handle this with the COM ports?
>
> You must need to connect a COM port to each of them, right?
>
> If you have only one COM port available you can either key CW or
key
> PTT, but not both. And if you need rig control, that would require
yet
> another COM port.
>
> Most computers no longer have COM ports so I purchased one USB to
COM
> port adapter. This goes to my homebrew COM port to CI-V port
converter.
> The CI-V can control most of the radio functions, including PTT.
> Unfortunately, it can not control CW keying, nor FSK keying and
that
> would require additional COM ports (or USB to COM port adapters)
for
> each one.
>
> Since there are programs that support CI-V control, such as DX
Commander
> which, in turn, supports Multipsk, and gives you just about every
sound
> card mode and a few that are not available on any other software, I
have
> not been very interested in trying to adapt to programs that do not
have
> this capability.
>
> 73,
>
> Rick, KV9U
>

> Andrew O'Brien wrote:
>
> > Are you using a Rigblaster pro, plus, or plug and play ?  I found
this
> > reference, not sure if it helps.
> >

> > *RIGblaster plug & play Operational Details:*
> >
> > *CW keying is done by setting DTR high on the emulated serial
port. *
> > *Standard PTT is done by setting RTS high on the emulated serial
port.

> > The Icom IC-746 and similar radios use pin 6 on the 7 pin DIN ACC
(2) jack
> > for PTT on the 2 meter band. Since the adapter only connects to
the 8 pin
> > DIN ACC(1) jack, the RIGblaster plug & play cannot use standard
PTT