Thanks Bernie, I usually use IE 7 with XP sp2. I am using IE7 to type
this message since my test a few minutes ago with Firefox did not
replicate the problem.  Also looks like IE7 is working OK as I type
this. In taskmanger 98 of the CPU is currently listed as "system ilde
process"  , alg.exe is using 150,648 of RAM.

I do not type when I am transmitting so that should not be the
problem.  When I just typed the word "so"in the previous sentence,
the letter 'o' did not appear, the PC paused while the HD was being
accessed.  After about 3 seconds, I was able to re-type the 'o'.
Task manager indicated that CPU use was low when the pause was
happening.

Andy K3UK

 --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "ve3fwf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hummm:
>
> Very interesting and here is a list of suggestions and questions:
>
> 1. What OS are you using and what browser?
> 2. How you tried FireFox or another Web browser?
> 3. Crack open the taskmanager and see what process (if any) is
burning the CPU when you are experiencing the problem. If there is
lots of CPU and no one process hogging the CPU, perhaps you have RF
entering the CPU by the keyboard cable? Are your transmitting when
you have the problem? Perhaps you have an automatic BBS that fires up
and RF is getting into your system?
> 4. On Windows XP SP2, I've seen the process SVCHOST go into a tight
loop when running IE 7. The problem does not occur when using FireFox.
> 5. Try another keyboard as per Dave's suggestion.
>
> 73, Bernie, Ottawa, Canada.

the keyboard wireless? Have you tried a different keyboard on that PC?

>       Does the problem show up in all web-based situations, such as
filling in forms, or only when posting to a forum where there is much
more typing? Have you peeked at the performance monitor while typing
to see if that is maxing out?

>       I sure don't have the answers, and I'm not an expert (ask the
XYL!!) but these are what I would look at.

>   73
>   Dave
>   KB3MOW
>

>   Andrew O'Brien wrote:
>
>     I have typed this message twice, once in original format (see
below)
>     and once with a corrected format so that you could actually
>     understand what I am typing. I posted it to a PC forum but
received no
>     answers, hopefully someone here has some ideas.
>
>     For the past month or I have been having a problem with web
based
>     email, mostly to this and other Yahoo groups, also with Gmail
>     postings. When I type the messages , many of the characters
that I
>     type do not make it to the screen. There is a significant lag,
at
>     times, but unlike typical lags caused by a slow Internet
connection,
>     sometimes whole words never make it to the screen! I thought it
>     might be due to lack of RAM and upgraded this 2.6 gHz CPU PC to
one
>     with 512 MG of RAM. it did not solve the problem. I am using a
>     cable modem with good speed. The problem NEVER occurred when
typing
>     email or using Outlook, or when composing items in Word. ONLY
when
>     typing in to web based applications. I have run spyware and
virus
>     checking software numerous time. There are periods that the
problems
>     goes away, sometimes for a day at a time .
>
>     I have three other PC's in the house, two better performing
PCs, and