The last distribution I bought, SUSE 9.3, was very easy to install and
most everything worked.  Adding some programs was easy, some were
hard.  I wanted to use my PC with my IPOD Shuffle and getting "ITunes"
replacement software working was difficult because I had to retrieve
and compile several libraries.  One the other hand, installing the
software to retrieve photos from my HP 215 camera was simple.  I got a
new flash drive, Sandisk Cruzer, for Christmas and it worked as soon
as I plugged it in.

I don't think the newer Linux distro's are hard to install and add on
software isn't any more difficult than some Windows software.  Read
about the problems people are having with the new Microsoft Zuni software!

Jim
WA0LYK