Thanks for the suggestion Dave and I'm glad you liked my "modest proposal."

In fact I have an XSLT transformation I can apply to weather.com which
is invoked via a command-line macro which inserts the current
temperature from weather.com, so when people ask for WX that's what I
give.  Of course, you're right that QRZ.com should be providing the
lookup service for people's macro definitions.  That way when you settle
in to use a new digimode program at the club station, you can get your
macros loaded; and conversely, it can just send ^BRAG and the RX station
can look it all up on QRZ.com to find the definitions.

But why stop there, as you say?  I'm reasonably sure someone's already
done this (from the scores I see in the contest logs) but it should be
possible to totally automate the RTTY contests.  With wide-band SDR
receivers (and transmitters for that matter) it ought to be possible to
work the whole contest automatically.  This same concept could easily be
extended to macro-based ragchewing popular on PSK, with the digimode
programs automatically doing search-and-pounce, macro exchange, and LoTW
or eQSL QSLing.    The mind boggles!

Leigh/WA5ZNU