It is apparent that you understand that ownership of a copyright
allows you to control its use, even if that control is to allow free
use, but your statement has a major semantic flaw--

The words "precise" and "legal" are incompatible and should never be
used in the same sentence.

That's why we have so many lawyers, to debate (for fees) the
differences among "shall be", "will be" ,"to be" and "is".

Bill-W4BSG