I am sure it will be similar to the pent up demand we had when the
Technician license became code free and many new entrants took the test.

Because VHF and up is less compelling than daily occurence of longer
distance communications with HF, it may be that we will see continuing
interest.

A nearby city where I used to live and give the classes for Technician
and held VE sessions quite regularly, now has the "Ham in a day"
program. Basically, they will take anyone and go over the test questions
in the morning and early afternoon and then test later in the day. They
have a very high pass rate. Apparently, some students have had minimal
exposure to radio are able to pass.

I would not personally we willing to run such a test session, because
anyone who is not willing to meet for a couple of hours for six weeks
and study the material, will likely never stay with amateur radio
anyway. There are many competing interests out there and everyone picks
the things that interest them the most. We include a lot of "show and
tell", demonstrations of equipment and simple antennas, and hands on
components.

One thing that I don't fully understand is why people are taking element
3 or higher now. They will have to pay the fee all over again at another
VE test to have the paperwork submitted for the new no code General or
Extra Class license.

My wife, who is studying for her General, although she has very little
interest in HF, thought that the reason might be that they were ready
for the test and did not want to take the chance of getting stale by the
time of the next VE test session. Like most things, she is probably
right about that:)