  From: ve3fwf
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 7:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] PSK and Yeasu ft-101

  Have a look at

  http://www.geocities.com/n2uhc/interface.html

  This is the opto-isolated circuit I initially built for my HW-100 and it
works just fine with the ICOM radios.

  The above circuit should work on your FT-101.   The important thing is that
the rig should not drift. While a jump of 50 Hz is OK on SSB, it will cause
loss of signal on digital. You will be able to spot a drifting problem by
watching the signals on the waterfall. I can send you a 4N35 if you can't
source one locally; I'm fairly certain I have some spares.  Radio Shack used to
have 1:1 600 ohm transformers but I don't know if they still carry these
anymore.

  Good luck and join the fun on digital.

  73, Bernie