Hi Danny,

Not the local phone company, but the cell phone system for the area and
long distance were disconnected due to the fiber cut. They have no
alternative routing since there is only the one fiber that everything
has to pass through to get out of the area and get to the cell towers
and long distance.

You would think that there would be several alternative paths but I
suppose for smaller sized communities, that is not possible.