Hello Kevin,

>But none of these have the feature to allow it to search and decide the type
>of digital mode it is.

This question is classical and the answer must be always the same. For a
precise type of modulation, you could extract some characteristics (speed,
shift...). But there is not only one type of modulation nor only one type of
coding. You can find BPSK, QPSK, MPSK (as for MT63) MFSK (Olivia...), OOK, IFK
(Domino).... Transmission can be analogical or digital.

This problem of recognition is extremely complex.

Perhaps in 50 years, with powerful neuronal computers, you will have programs
which will tell you what modes will be on the band, but for instance it is
impossible.
Moreover, it would be a lot of work and enginners, and only a company could do
this.

Now, in Ham radio, we have in several programs (Fldigi, Multipsk) video ID (you
see the name of the mode in the waterfall) or RS (Reed Solomon) ID (Identifier)
which permits to identify a mode and its frequency (available with Multipsk).
But of course you need to send previously to the transmission either the video
or the RS ID.

73
Patrick