This is the ultimate solution:
http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Transceivers/TT588

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: kd4e
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 6:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Remotely controlled radio with full connectivity.

  > Here is what I was thinking, to setup a radio at a remote location
  > that could be "fully" controlled remotely. Ham Radio deluxe has the
  > capability of controlling my ft897 with a serial interface. A USB
  > sound card could be used to provide PSK and other digital modes.
  > By using this remote usb interface
  > http://www.digi.com/products/usb/anywhereusb.jsp a remote serial
  > interface and sound card could easily be setup. Is there a way to
  > pass audio through one sound card to another sound card?
  > James Wilson K6WRJ

  I have been exploring the possibility of remote
  base using a 440 HT without involving a PC or the
  Internet.

  It would require at least a MFJ-664 device.

  Using a MH-59 mic one has control of most important
  features, though one would need some means to confirm
  if a change was accepted. According to a recent thread
  there are no provisions for voice readout. Perhaps
  someone may build an outboard device.

  Using a PC or PDA would provide 2-way data flow and I
  suppose 440 could be used as the control freq. (440
  is preferred because it penetrate metal structures
  better than 2M or 222.)

  I have also received some interesting suggestions and
  conflicting opinions as to the FCC regs.

  Anyone out there seen an entirely wireless remote
  base using 440 and a Yaesu FT-897 or FT-857?

  --

  Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
  Projects: http://ham-macguyver.bibleseven.com

Warning: This email may contain confidential or privileged information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please understand
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this email is strictly prohibited.