It does work fine on my TS480SAT, using VOX but with the VOX delay
off............ looking forward to trying it over some distance

John
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick Lindecker
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] 141A and ALE (multipsk)

  Hello John,

  TKS for info.

  >I had VOX delay on, and when my data stream ended, the TX stayed on for that
split second longer, partly covering up the response
  Yes VOX is too slow. ARQ FAE seems Pactor as frames are short (but not so
short as in Pactor) and the exchange fast. The RX/TX switching must be
controlled directly by the PC (serial control through an interface or through
the CAT system).
  Note: however the exchange is done asynchronously and not synchronously as in
Pactor, due to Windows which is not a real-time system (as DOS was).

  >Turned down the power so that the ARQ had to work..... but it went very well
even when repeating frames several times.
  With few repetitions, you can go down to a S/N of about -6,5 dB, with
repetitions perhaps -7.5 dB or a bit less. Of course, you can, in that case,
several repetitions.

  >Patrick, I am assuming that it will shut itself off after sending x number
of frames without a response from the other station?
  Yes after 30 NAK (Not AcKnowleged), the link is considered as broken and the
program resets automatically the "Call" or "Answer" buttons.

  >took less than 30 seconds to TX your test message using the long frames.
  You might be at the maximum rate in unilateral (125 wpm).

  73
  Patrick

    have been on 14109.5 with Terry, VE5TLW on and off all day , trying to get
ARQ FAE to work....... finally had success, and it was something simple,

    I had VOX delay on, and when my data stream ended, the TX stayed on for
that split second longer, partly covering up the response
    from the other station. when I turned it off, the ARQ FAE went like the
proverbial jackrabbit.

    Turned down the power so that the ARQ had to work..... but it went very
well even when repeating frames several times.

    Patrick, I am assuming that it will shut itself off after sending x number
of frames without a response from the other station?

    Very nicely done, Patrick, looking forward to finding some others who want
to play with this....... took less than 30 seconds to TX your test message
    using the long frames.

    John
    VE5MU