Hello to everyone.
I have just found your group and decided to join.
I am not really new to SWL or ham, but am new to
digital communications.
I am interested in receiving (and decyphering) RTTY and
other digital signals.
However, I am sure that because of my lack of familiarity
with the different modes, I am having trouble using the
various freeware software out there.

Whenever I try to receive any RTTY or other similar messages,
the text always appears as jibberish. I'm sure that I am not
setting up the controls of the software correctly, so I'd like
to ask anyone in the group for some help.

How can I listen to a particular type of digital signal and know
whether its RTTY, ARQ, etc, etc.

I'm tired of getting nothing but jibberish and would like to
get in on some of the interesting stuff coming in on my receiver.

Thanks,

WC