Andrew O'Brien wrote:

>  I received a Skype call from a ham asking me the very same question I
>  was thinking last week...what has happened to Olivia? Last year I
>  would say it was behind only PSK31, Pactor and RTTY in terms of
>  frequent actvity for digital modes. Now I think it is not as commond
>  as MFK16, Hell, and ALE. What gives ?
>
>  -- Andy K3UK Skype Me : callto://andyobrien73 <callto://andyobrien73>
>  www.obriensweb.com

I am finding almost nil Olivia activity on 20....not so on 40.

For me, it is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST, but that it has not caught mass
attention does not mean
it is dying. It is just "another screwdriver in the drawer".

It is slow, but if it gives PERFECT  print more than 90% of the times....

MFSK has a pro and a con. It is  HARD to tune,  but it may transmit
small images.

When Hell is unreadable,  Olivia still gives perfect print.

And for me, DEX is not half as good as Olivia to cut thru.

And Olivia gets thru when 141A does not.

Jose, CO2JA

V Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación
Energética.
22 al 25 de mayo de 2007
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/cier