Yeah sorry ,  I had forgotten about that:  you do so well.   But, the
majority of hams now do not use FSK.  In fact, with the sound card based
rtty, it has really created a great number of those who use RTTY operation,
and much more so than days past when we had clickity clacks sitting around
with noise and oily smells.  For those using FSK, you are correct, if the
receive station also has the same setup.   Setting a VFO on a single freq is
easy, but like I say, most do not do that.  This has been one of the
problems, talking apples and oranges.

Back when I was using RTTY as part of my daily work routine, we gave the
center frequency, and each of the receive stations would dial that freq on
their VFO, then had hardware that determined the mark and space from that.
So the freq given was neither the mark, nor the space.  Other services
sometimes gave the mark freq, and other the space freq.   So, it has never
been a real world-wide standard even then.

This problem hardly ever came up, when we just had RTTY.  But, once PSK came
in as a popular mode, it has been a problem trying to figure out where
people really meant, when they gave a spot.  That has carried over to being
a problem on RTTY, because of the use of the sound card programs.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all
DX 2-6 years each