I agree for just BPSK31 that Multipsk can be intimidating..but even I
sorted it out after abit of floundering about. As for "ALE", it is
more a system than a mode....ARQ FAE is actually fairly simple
compared to PC-ALE and its counterparts. ARQ FAE might best be viewed
as a connected mode independant of ALE; more like PAX/PAX2 on
steroids (and hence wider, like people on steroids :)

ARQ FAE works quite well, had numerous qso today using that mode but
still cringe abit on using a 2000 Hz wide signal for data modes...

73,

Bill  N9DSJ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"