I don't know how hard it would be to pull this part of the software
out and run it on its own AND to control a transmitter with it.
Remember, the pmbo is probably seeing a CTS indication from the pactor
modem.  You would have to use another receiver and pc running scamp
and somehow get the pmbo software to recognize the CTS from that
route.  Probably not easy.  It might be easier to get SCS to include
it in their firmware.

Jim
WA0LYK