I was able to find some interesting data on poor channel performance of
the 110A modem from one company:

http://www.etools.de/software/telekommunikation/komponenten/milstd188110a.htm

Depending upon the BER you can tolerate, it appears that the 2400 bps
speed can only handle around +10 to +14 S/N dB. The slower bps rates can
work to around zero S/N. Te 150 bps shows something around -1 to -4.

Another interesting specification is the the multipath tolerance. They
claim 6 msec at 2400 bps, 8 ms from 150 to 1200 bps, and 12 mec at 75
baud. That seems to have good ability to cope with ISI.

Now these are the bps rates. Isn't the baud rate the same 2400 baud, all
the time for this modem, contrary to what Bonnie claims?