Guys.  I dont have the figures here, but I would bet many more than 1
percent continue to use the code.  You just have to listen to one contest
weekend to hear the numbers that do.  Also, a much larger percentage than
that had to pass the code tests to get a license.  Dont forget that EVERYONE
that was on HF prior to black Monday had to pass a code test, whether they
used it or not.  As to QRQ, there is a small percentage using it, and that
might make the 1 percent of CW users who do so.

As an aside, I was calling CQ DX last night on 160 , at about 20 wpm, and
had a very slow stateside CW responder come back to me.  I thought it was
amusing, his last name is Farnsworth.

How about some of you guys getting down on 160 at night and make some
digitial contacts.  I hear very few, and most of them are RTTY.  Man - its
just made for PSK.

Danny Douglas N7DC
ex WN5QMX ET2US WA5UKR ET3USA
SV0WPP VS6DD N7DC/YV5 G5CTB all