expeditionradio wrote:
> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I worked W1CDO via JT65A, check the station info at
>>http://www.qrz.com/w1cdo
>>
>>Wow!
>>

> On 01 January 2007, while I was running 20W to a backpack whip antenna
>  Pedestrian Mobile in Hong Kong, I worked John W1CDO. He was S9 on 20
> meters. I could barely hear anyone else in North America at the time.
> Quite an impressive station!
> The fact that he was controlling it on his laptop computer, 1500 miles
> away from it, was even more impressive.
>
> Bonnie KQ6XA

As the Roaming Gnome says, "Oh frash....the TRW ARC was controlling a SSB
station vis telephone in the early 1990s and by 1995 they were controling a
RTTY
or AMTOR rig via the Internet and it was frequency, band and antenna aiming
capable.

Ok, I'll give you that it took a rather large computer bac then to do it...I
think a 200 MHz AT&T 3B2-600G.  :-)

Walt/K5YFW