  From: kv9u
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 3:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] FCC Announcement

  Although Bruce may have been joking, he probably reflects the feeling of
  a very substantial number of hams. And something to consider, is that
  perhaps the majority of hams, based on the very low membership
  percentages of the ARRL.

  Telling others to "shut up," is highly counter productive, and causes
  one to lose credibility with such comments (assuming they consider you
  to have credibility).

  It might be better to accept that there are many different viewpoints,
  or ask what can be done to better things.

  This reminds of a recent experience I had on one of the Linuxham groups
  where some of the fanatical proponents insisted that if a widescreen
  monitor did not work with Linux, it was the fault of the equipment.
  Never mind that it worked perfectly with Windows XP with a driver that
  accompanied the monitor, or that it worked out of the box with MS Vista.
  When I pointed this out the kook response was perhaps predictable, but
  very sad, and shows how one group misunderstands the market place (some
  blocking of inappropriate words follows):

  "You stupid, ignorant, duplicitous, pompous $$$. Shut up. Go lick Bill
  Gates $$$ or whatever it is you do to demonstrate your technical skills."

  No one disagreed with his assessment, but in the long run he and the
  other group members did more damage to Linux than anything that Bill
  Gates could ever do. And he had NO idea how to solve the problem! No
  idea at all. Just a knee jerk attack the messenger.

  There seem to be an unusually large number of folks who post on the
  internet who need a Dale Carnegie course on how to "win friends and
  influence people." Unless, they really are trying to act counter to what
  they want for an outcome.