In the remote control configuration I used, WinWarbler was running on
my home station PC, so the audio link from PC to transceiver did not
traverse Skype. Skype let me hear the received audio at my remote
location, and transmit SSB.

I have not tried transporting PSK or RTTY audio between PC and
transceiver over a network using Skype. A virtual soundcard that
transports digital data over the network and uses the home station's
soundcard for D/A and A/D would eliminate the raggedness you
mentioned. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already done this. A
properly-packaged virtual serial port and virtual soundcard would
enable remote control with any transceiver control and digital mode
application.

I'm traveling a lot less than I once did and so don't often use
remote control.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dave, I have used Winwarbler and Multipsk on the local  computer
this
> evening, connected to my home station via Skype.  Both work well on
the
> broadband wireless system my local PC was using.  I did a test
transmission
> in RTTY , AFSK, and the audio sounded a little rough at the remote
end.  I
> will have to record Skype throughput levels in the future.
>
> I have no clue how I would send FSK RTTY when accessing my rig over
the
> Internet, but will give that idea some more thought since it might
be
> cleaner transmitted tones, right?  The tones would generated from
rig to
> airwaves, no Skype involved.  Winwarbler transceiver commands
perhaps,   I
> just changed the rig to FSK mode via Ham Radio Deluxe and sent a
transmit
> command , I get a single tone rather than FSK RTTY tones (via
monitoring TX
> output with my ears) .   Too tired to think right now.  The fix
would
> involve thinking about Microham's device router , ham radio deluxe,
an d
> more.
>
> The ham radio deluxe is working well as the vehicle for remote
control of
> the TS2000.
>

> On 4/7/07, Dave AA6YQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >    Was I was on Maui two years ago, I used Skype and LogMeIn to
control my
> > home station (near Boston) and made QSOs in CW, SSB, RTTY, and
PSK. The