On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:19:11 -0000
"Bill McLaughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Per topic, deepsearch is great for EME, a wonderful feature. But on
> HF is is of little value and will only lead to false decodes and
> "stations answering you when you haven't transmitted".

Too right!

How confusing is it to see :-

082600  1  -14  5.2  584  3 *      GM4SLV SM2LKW KP15    ?   0   3

and wonder how in the world SM2LKW could possibly know I was listening!?

There's some freaky maths in this software, but ESP....?

Turn off Deep Search if you want to only see what has actually been
received, not what the software thinks is the most likely thing to have
been received.

I suppose what needs to be done is the compilation of a new HF
operator's CALL3.TXT to get some use out of this aspect of WSJT's
functionality.

Cheers,

John GM4SLV
Shetland Is. IP90 / EU-012