From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: ARRL Withdraws "Regulation by Bandwidth"
Petition, Plans to Refile
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:07:55 -0500

Danny is right on target on this. Loss of hard earned privileges is not
going to be well received, especially those of us who worked hard to
pass our exams, including 20 wpm at an FCC testing site. I am not very
pleased with the "gain" of voice on 80 meters, but the loss of a huge
segment of text data digital for myself and many other hams.

Very, very, few hams have the slightest interest in e-mail over ham
radio. The great majority do not even want it!

If the ARRL remains a quasi-democratic organization, it absolutely must
respond to the overwhelming preferences of its members. And it appears
that they have. And at least they have admitted that it is a
controversial issue.