Dave,

I assembled my computer out of separately bought parts.

I cannot reccomend a PSU brand, mine is a tower case with a 300 W noname
brand made in China.

My MB is a Gigabyte 8S661. I have had it for some more than a year
without a hiccup.

I bought an Intel P4 CPU @ 2.4 GHz. Another good option I made of cost
vs. horsepower so far. I don't believe in Celerons, and the price vs
performance curve was unreasonably steep for a 3.2 vs 2.4 for P4's at
the end of 2005 for my resources.

I would reccomend without hesitation an ASUS motherboard. I have had a
couple of Asus motherboards, and the old 486 still works after more than
12 years.

Maybe others may recommend other brands. Gigabyte and ASUS are proven
compatible good ones for me.

ASUS has a very good working relationship with Intel and that is another
plus for them.

73,

Jose, CO2JA

---

Dave Corio wrote:

>     The power supply has been changed once already, but that was
> changing a 250-watt for another 250-watt. I can't just get a generic
> power supply, as Gateway has a proprietary mounting system that a
> generic won't fit into without a lot of drilling. I'm going to order a
> 450-watt unit from Gateway - at $65 plus shipping. This will also be my
> last dealing with Gateway. This PC has been a lemon since day one,
> having been repaired now eight times under warranty!
>
> Tnx es 73
> Dave
> KB3MOW
>

> jhaynesatalumni wrote:
>>
>> --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
>> <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>, "N6CRR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Spend $20 and swap out the power supply. I had a computer doing that
>> > and it turned out to be that. Power supplies are cheap.
>> >

>> And cheap power supplies are often prodigious RF noise generators, even
>> when the computer is off. Spend a little more and get a good quality
>> power supply. And beware that Dell computers use the same power
>> connector as others, but with a different pin arrangement. So you can't
>> swap mother boards and power supplies between Dell and other brands.

V Conferencia Internacional de Energía Renovable, Ahorro de Energía y Educación
Energética.
22 al 25 de mayo de 2007
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.cujae.edu.cu/eventos/cier

Participe en Universidad 2008.
11 al 15 de febrero del 2008.
Palacio de las Convenciones, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
http://www.universidad2008.cu