Here in the northern midwest U.S., we have a great deal of QRN that
begins in the early evening. It is not always easy to maintain
comfortable analog voice communications with 100 watt stations during
the summer months.

When you use 160 what power levels are you running in order to keep the
S/N ratio above the necessary S/N ratio plus enough reserve to prevent
loss of data during the inevitable QSB?

Are you using WinDRM for image data or voice or both?

 From listening to DV users on the higher bands, the mode is similar to
the older AM operations where one station has the frequency for  a while
and then turns it over to another station. If two stations were
transmitting at the same time and did not know it (doubling), you might
not have any communications at all and this could go on for a while if
there is a long monolog.

It seems that DV will never be able to compete well with analog voice
due to the limitations of physical science and the ability of analog to
easily and very quickly switch between stations, similar to the QSK
ability of CW which probably surpasses and other mode when you have
savvy operators in a structured net environment.