> mrfarm Rick wrote>
> Most hams want to do the right thing when it comes to
> operating on our very limited frequencies. That means
> keeping our signals as narrow as we possibly can to
> reduce interference to others. The FCC rules state that
> we should operate with good amateur practices and have
> also said that voice bandwidth using communication quality
> audio is appropriate.

Currently, there are vast areas of HF spectrum that currently have
absolutely zero ham radio signals. We don't need to use very narrow
bandwidth signals when these conditions exist.

It is "good amateur radio practice" to develop digital voice modes, at
any bandwidth, and to explore the possiblities of new techniques.

One of the techniques we should be exploring is the use of
single-channel time multi-plexed digital voice repeaters on HF.

Bonnie KQ6XA