The timing is completely different. Pactor sends 1 block at the time,
pskmail bundles 8 blocks in a frame, resulting in a lot less turnaround.
Block length is adaptive and changes with channel quality.
Amtor was 45 Bd ARQ. Pskmail is 125 Bd ARQ.

Pskmail is slower than a 1k2 Bd TNC, but it takes a bandwidth of 125 Hz
rather than 12 kHz.

73,

Rein PA0R

--
http://pa0r.blogspirit.com

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: