Perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying.  Allowing designated
frequencies for just one purpose, in your case email, will open the
doors for requesting designated frequencies for all kinds of things,
not just mode restrictions.  Some will want restricted frequencies for
qrp only, dx only, emcomm only, social nets only, traffic nets only,
ad infinitum.  You will end up with a balkanized set of frequency
restrictions that will not be manageable.

Please explain how you would handle these requests in a fair manner.
Simply saying that automated traffic systems should have designated
spectrum free of interference while no one else has the same advantage
doesn't explain why these systems should receive special treatment.
Why do you feel peer-to-peer should be blocked from using any
frequency?  Are these conversations somehow worth less than the email
you wish to send.

You also didn't address the issue of how you will handle qrm from
other automated systems.  This will be as important as the
peer-to-peer conversations you feel are the problem.  With the
complaining right now, I wonder what it will be like 5 years from now
when we start reaching solar maximum.

Until someone can convince the FCC to change tradition and move away
from shared amateur spectrum to a assigned channels for different
modes/purposes, we will need to share.

The desire for wide bandwidth, high throughput modes on HF is like
taking a midget race car to a go-cart track and telling everyone "my
car is better" so get off the track so I can use it.  You had better
be able to explain why rag chewing and paper chasing are not worthy
endeavors for hams to pursue rather than just saying people should get
out of your way because you have a better use for the spectrum.
Somehow I think your attitude has a hint of arrogance in it.

Jim
WA0LYK