I'm an odd ham in that I smile with amusement when amateur radio
groups rush to "defend" frequencies and worry about some non-hams
getting "our" frequencies.  I happen to think we have more than we
need and can easily give some away.  With that in mind , here are some
freqs for PACTOR and ALE stations to inhabit.  They can then do their
unintended "thing" til their heart's content.

1808 to 1815
3577 to 3584
The entire 60M band (a good band, and we don't need it for anything else)
14.105 to 14.110
24.890 to 24 .925

That's it, nothing else.

The above frequency allocations would be sufficient for PACTOR BBS,
automatic ALE soundings ,  ALE SMS messaging, and PSK MAil servers   .
 ALE, PACTOR and others could use other allocated digital sub-bands
but not unattended.  No busy detection required (optional) in the"
automatic zones" , mailbox operators would work out their voluntary
QRV schedules via their "Frequency Coordination Council"  .  The above
frequency ranges would give PLENTY of room for message traffic and
emergency communication drills.

Yes, no 40, 30, 17,15,10, freqs...simply not enough demand  and no
real propagational needs.

OK, now off to have lunch with the FCC chairman, see if can implement
in the USA by next Friday.  Rest of the world, they'll just have to
adjust :>)

Andy k3UK