Hi Roger.

That was good info. Sounds like it wasn't and couldn't be automatic
operation.  Operator intervention really needed.

It is too bad they didn't try holding the ALE tests this weekend on
20M.  It would have been instructive to know just how well that mode
managed in "combat" conditions.   RTTY held out well.  Preliminary
reports indicate over at least 500,000 RTTY QSO's through the din.

73 de Brian/K3KO

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Roger J. Buffington"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Demetre SV1UY wrote:
> >
> >  --- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
> >  <mailto:digitalradio%40yahoogroups.com>, "Brian A" <alsopb@>
> >  wrote:
>
> > > Correct me if I'm wrong. However, reading all these posts suggests
> > > that what these "wonder modes" want and or need is channelized,
> > > clear channel frequencies, with no human factor strengths added. Is
> > > that realistic to expect on the ham bands?
> > >
> > > 73 de Brian/K3KO
> >
> >  I'm afraid that only PACTOR 2 or 3 has any chance of making it
> >  through these conditions OM. Everything else fails.
>
> Actually, I had Olivia and PSK QSOs through the RTTY QRM this weekend.
> By judicious use of the narrow filters a

nd IF Shift/Width controls, I