Tnx fer the note, Howard

Over the next week or so ,we should have VE5GPM up and running 24/7 on RFSM
8000, not beaconing, but ready to receive calls and transfer files.

VE5TLW and I will be working on learning the software and making a little
noise with same. I think we will find an alternate frequency to play on
since

14109.5 is busy with ALE soundings ,and will let you know what it is.

To that end would welcome input from the US ham community since this is a
more critical issue south of the border than here.

I THINK that you are able to use the non-standard modulation which is 2.4khz
wide , as opposed to the Mil Std 188 which is 3khz wide.  You should be able
to copy any packets in the Packet window.

Again , get some opinions from others in the US as to whether this is legal
, and where in the US band plan it could be used.  At first blush , it
certainly has some promise.

John

VE5MU