Saludos Rud,
I can not see in your quote any mandate for EmComm by
the FCC. If I can read right, the regulations just
recognize a "value" (usefulness ?) fo the service for
EmComm. I think that the EmComm argument is new and is
being utilized to try to save the amateur service. In
the long run, we hams are going the way of sailboats,
steam locomotives, dinosaurs and CW. Lets enjoy what we
have while we can.

Flavio Padovani
KP4AWX