From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John B. Stephensen
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:53 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] OFDM Proposal: Details

Rud:

What language are you developing in? I have some software that generates and
receives OFDM with 8PSK subcarriers using .wav files containing I and Q
samples. The source code is about 1500 lines of Delphi (Pascal). It's fairly
slow as it uses a DFT and IDFT and floating point arithmentic, but that
won't matter as much for 500 Hz wide signals as it did for 1.5 MHz wide
signals. It uses BICM-8 which is a variation of Ungerboek's TCM that is
supposed to work better on fading channels and includes a Viterbi decoder.
There is no frequency correction mechanism as one program was used to
generate files for an arbitary waveform generator.  The other was to test
the file generated by the first program. The software and a signal generator
were used to generate a signal on 6 meters and 70 cm for testing an
FPGA-based decoder.

73,

John
KD6OZH