From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Walt DuBose
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:38 PM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] RE: QEX Article on HF Digital Propagation

Rud Merriam wrote:
> After a comment off list from Demeter I checked the Pactor
> specifications. It uses DBPSK or DQPSK.
>
> Why do the reports about Pactor indicate it is more robust than the
> QEX article would indicate?
>

> Rud Merriam K5RUD
> ARES AEC Montgomery County, TX
> http://TheHamNetwork.net

Rud,

If you go back to the DCC presentation of KN6KB of a few years back on his
new
software modem...he measured the robustness of Pactor, MT63 and several
other
modes and Pactor wasn't that much more robust than MT63 at a -5 dB SNR.

If I invested a $K Buck or so in Pactor III and WinLink, I'd claim it was
the
best thing since sliced bread...woudln't you?

73,

Wa;t/K5YFW

Announce your digital presence via our Interactive Sked Page at
http://www.obriensweb.com/drsked/drsked.php