Hi Roger,

Well, it appears so.  I must admit, I never actually paid much
attention to the matter as such.  I simply "worked around it"
not making the connection to what has become a volatile
subject.  I never paid attention to PMBOs, I just operated as
conditions allowed.

Since I began to play with PACTOR I more and MFSK, outside
of the "normal" PSK31 arena, the matter of the unattended
operations of what I've learned to be PMBOs became verry
apparent.  I never really knew where PMBOs were set up
and still don't; I do know where a few are now and yes, I've
been stepped on which is how I learned the locations for
those that I AM aware of.

Same thing happened on 30 meters recently with PACTOR I
and narrow band SSTV testing.   Surprise!  There's a couple
of PMBOs and PACKET operations there that I didn't know
were alive, on or near frequencies frequently mentioned for
use in the forum.  I had checked the freqs for activity.  After
waiting, began the CQ and after perhaps 10 minutes, I found
myself covered with a strong signal almost on top or very
nearby .

I don't go to the freqs anymore.