OS/2 lives still, with no help at all from IBM (which, even if it wanted
to open-source OS/2, is alleged to have lost the source code of crucial
parts of the operating system) but with much help from dedicated
programmers in Russia, Eastern Europe and other countries:

http://www.ecomstation.com

I have it running on two AMD dual-core machines (OS/2 supported 64 CPUs
from way back) with on-board Gigabit networking and sound.

73

Alan NV8A