From: "Rick Muething" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 4:33 PM
Subject: RE: [wl2kemcomm] Re: Email delivery time

Vic confirmed the current code tries 8 times in a 4 hour period once ever 30
minutes. Until and unless there is a general standard used by mail servers
trying to chase the latest ad-hoc anti spam technique is a  significant
burden on our very limited programming resources. Shortening to 5 minute
attempts for 4 hours (48 tries) could increase the load on the server's
significantly especially when there are so many very sluggish servers (e.g.
AOL, Hotmail etc) that often take minutes to respond after accepting the
initial start of the mail forwarding sessions. If your ISP is blocking mail
waiting for multiple retries as a means of trying to control SPAM that is an
issue to take up with the ISP. One thing you learn after being in this
effort for long is there are continual changes in techniques for SPAM
filtering but often these are met by just more aggressive and sophisticated
SPAM bots with little real gain in the end.

Rick KN6KB