  From: Rick W
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 21:06 UTC
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Emision designators for EasyPal

  These "channels" are produced by transmitters that are designed to do
  this, such as sending a separate stream on USB and and another on LSB.
  While we can not do that with most current amateur type equipment, maybe
  something like this would be possible with DSP type rigs? While we would
  likely never want to do this on HF, it is possible for VHF and certainly
  quite reasonable for higher bands.

  The RFSM2400 waveform is mostly the same as MIL-STD-188-110A and is a
  high baud rate (2400 baud) single tone protocol modulated as 8PSK.
  Depending upon the bandwidth (there is the wide standard mode and a
  slightly narrower amateur mode that may work better for some
  transmitter's passband capabilities) the bandwidth characters (first
  number and letters) will of course vary, but if used for "data"
  transmission with an SSB transmitter, it would be the usual J2D. Some of
  the MIL-STD/FED-STD/STANAG protocols (and there are quite a few) also
  support any kind of information, including images and voice so that
  would change the last letter to C or E as needed.