Rick,

You are correct regarding bandwidth, there was several discussions
awhile back regarding the 30 meter band where some argued that we were
restricted to 500Hz, I didn't subscribe to this and I thought 1Khz was
acceptable.  Anyway my thoughts are based on what space is available so
as not to cause  QRM  to other users on the band, what I see from the
MFTTY widths when selecting a mode is anywhere from narrow (29Hz)  to
(986Hz) plus a S/N ratio of -27 to 8db.  The normal mode (speed)
provides 75wpm at 936Hz (bw) and a 0db SNR were as the 1/2 speed
provides a 38wpm at 468Hz (bw) and a -3db SNR.  Frankly I believe that
Olivia and Thor will accomplish the needs of digital operators better.
Thanks for your input I learn something every day.

Happy Holidays and a safe and wonderful 2009 to you and the family

73 de
Ron W4LDE