Hello Andy,

> assume that CALL ID in MULTIPSK using Reed Solomon ID is robust than
> WSPR , but I am wondering just how much less ?
If WSPR is able to detect of -25 dB, the Call ID is only able to detect -13
dB signals (it begins to decode from -18 dB but not below).
However, as WSPR it is a free-error transmission.

As it is short (3.3 s), it's much more to introduce oneself (Call sign +
Locator).

It could be used for beacons alone or to test a mode (Throbx, Olivia) inside
a sequence... in this way:
 <TX><CALL ID><RS ID>
CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ DE F6CTE F6CTE +K
<RX>
The program switches to TX, sends the Call ID then the RS ID  (to make
switch the other Ham to the desired mode ) and a message. Afterwards, the
program switches to RX.
The other Ham must leave RS ID and Call ID buttons pushed.

Note: the Call ID structure is fix now, but there are still some small bugs.

73
Patrick