  From: Patrick Lindecker
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 4:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Caller ID in Multipsk

  Hello Andy,

  > assume that CALL ID in MULTIPSK using Reed Solomon ID is robust than
  > WSPR , but I am wondering just how much less ?
  If WSPR is able to detect of -25 dB, the Call ID is only able to detect -13
  dB signals (it begins to decode from -18 dB but not below).
  However, as WSPR it is a free-error transmission.

  As it is short (3.3 s), it's much more to introduce oneself (Call sign +
  Locator).

  It could be used for beacons alone or to test a mode (Throbx, Olivia) inside
  a sequence... in this way:
  <TX><CALL ID><RS ID>
  CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ CQ DE F6CTE F6CTE +K
  <RX>
  The program switches to TX, sends the Call ID then the RS ID (to make
  switch the other Ham to the desired mode ) and a message. Afterwards, the
  program switches to RX.
  The other Ham must leave RS ID and Call ID buttons pushed.

  Note: the Call ID structure is fix now, but there are still some small bugs.

  73
  Patrick