I set up both VE5GPM and VE5MU according to the info at
http://www.wattystuff.net/amateur/packet/q15x25setup.htm

he was not kidding when mentioning that audio levels are critical.. For
whatever reason I cannot copy text from VE5GPM , but can copy text from
VE5MU.

Station are using identical TS480SAT radios set exactly the same. Go Figure.

Had some copy earlier in the day with NC5O and K5HD (?) signals were
reasonably strong , connected but could not pass much info.  Talked NC5O
into trying

ALE400 for the first time , and it worked as expected with good results and
not a large number of repeats.

Will remain on 3592 USB Q25 for the rest of the night.. anyone else having
more luck?

John

VE5MU