I am not necessarily opposed to other hams using Pactor modes, but the
one issue that is consistently ignored seems to be the transmission of
fax/image data when using the wide bandwidth modes. If kept at 500 Hz or
less, the changes in the rules a few years back finally allows fax/image
to used in the RTTY/Data areas. But it does not allow it for any modes
greater than 500 Hz such as when using P3.

And just for those who think that I am opposed to being able to send
wide fax/image in the RTTY/Data areas, I am most definitely am not. What
I would like to see is a return to everyone following the same rules.
This goes for other very questionable digital activities in the past few
years. Either make it legal for everyone or don't do it. Is that really
too much to ask? It seems that it is.

Without a sea change at the FCC there is little that can be done about
the automated station transmitting over the top of other stations since
it was decided many years ago that it was an acceptable tradeoff, at
least in part because the FCC at the time stated that future advancement
of technology would solve that problem.

Pactor operators have at least some of the technology to prevent
transmissions on busy frequencies, by the automated station, (especially
with P2 and P3 from recent information), but it appears that it is not
used that much.

Maybe with the change of enforcement leadership this could happen? But
it is probably wishful thinking to halt these kinds of scofflaw behaviors.