  From: Rick W
  To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 10:32 PM
  Subject: Re: [digitalradio] NTS Digital

  Hi Dave,

  I have heard of the use of MT-63 for many years on MARS circuits, but
  don't think I had heard about the digital SSTV program being used. It
  makes tremendous sense since they are often involved in sending
  bulletins to their members. With one to many it is possible to have 100%
  ARQ with EasyPal although it is after the fact ARQ. A bit cumbersome,
  but practical for insuring a group receives exactly correct data.

  Unfortunately U.S. hams can not use mixed phone and text digital in the
  HF bands unless they are sending fax/image. Since most of the NTS
  traffic is short text messages, we can not do that in the phone areas,
  so we have to confine it to the RTTY/data portions.