Of course, about 1 minute after I sent the message, I discovered the
information on the center frequency and it is as I had hoped.

But ... Wow! Just tried out some of the PSKmail features and find it
very interesting. Once I realized that the Ping command will bring up
any of the servers that can hear you and tried it, the latency is about
zero. Almost instant response from a human perspective. Then no problem
connecting to the server that I kicked up. This is better than any other
mail system I have used in the past.

Issues/Suggestions:

- It was very difficult to actually use the frequency due to many other
stations transmitting on top of the server and my signals.

- on the 30 meter band here in Region 2, the 10.140-10.150 area is quite
busy with the wide bandwidth modes that must operate here in order to
follow the band plan and FCC requirements for wide band. For example,
one of the two tones of a Pactor station covered the PSK250 tone and
then a MIL-STD-188-141A 8FSK125 transmission had its uppermost tone
obliterating anything that tries to use a narrow mode centered on
10.148. In fact, at one point all three of us were trying to us the same
frequency!

- since PSK250 is just about right at 500 Hz in bandwidth, wouldn't it
be more appropriate to keep PSKmail in the 10.130-10.140 area which has
the band plan already designed for modes up to 500 Hz wide? We do need
to keep away from the commercial?/government? RTTY station located
around 10.130.

- here in the U.S. stations that are operating automatically on HF can
operate anyplace within the RTTY/data portions of the bands as long as
the server stations only transmits when interrogated by a human operator
on the other side. And I think I am correct that this is the way PSKmail
works.

- the other issue is the pulling of fldigi's receive frequency too far
from the center frequency. I am skeptical that PSK250 is the best mode
for any but good conditions since it is not very sensitive (- 2 db SNR).
It will be a tremendous benefit if we can use modes such as DominoEX
that would not require AFC.